from Madame FatCat who stole it from tea and oatmeal:
1. You are now fluent in any language of your choosing; what language did you choose?
Gaelic. My grandparents would speak it when visiting my great grandparents. Elizabeth, my great great grandmother wouldn't allow English to be spoken under her roof. By the time my parents' generation came along none could really speak it.
2. Who/what were you in a past life? (Or are you brand new?)
probably a high-functionary in the court of Genghis Khan.....i have a strange love for Mongolian and Tyvan folk music.
3. Tea or coffee?
I'm mainly a hot tea drinker. I have to have my PG TipsRussian Caravan, and Plantation Mint teas.
4. What is something you want to do before you die? (It can be big or small.)
Achieve world domination.
5. What is your Patronus? (Or if you're unfamiliar with Harry Potter, "spirit animal" will do.)
6. Three smells you like?
I'm a generous spirit so i'll give you six: lavender, cedar, amber, leather, and tobacco.
7. A talent you would like to have?
drawing and writing perfect tengwar script and being able to play any musical instrument i could put my hand on!
8. A film you can/or do watch over and over and over again?
- Short Bus
- X-men: First Class (the floppings around Magneto's trouser-fronts suggest what Mr. Fassbender's "mutant power" truly is.........)
9. Your home is on fire, what 5 things do you take?
- the grumpy old Dad.
- the idiot Brother
- Birdie the house-cat
- the good china
- my laptop
10. The last little thing you remember that made your day?
- a sweet Catalan guy sent me this card:
- ran into a junior high classmate named Eddie.......and we had the hawt butt-seks.
11. What was the last film you saw in the cinema? Did you enjoy it?
i know i've seen something more recent but the only film i recollect is The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe. it was better than expected.
12. What fictional character do you think you could be best friends with?
Dr. Hannibal Lector, Mrs. Marple, Hercule Poirot, and Emma Frost.
13. Name one guilty pleasure film, tv show, song or book you enjoy (meaning something you might not normally admit to! And if you want, you can name one of each...!).
- film: Raising Arizona
- tv show: '''allo 'allo"
- song: "Freak-A-Zoid" by Midnite Star and "Jungle Love" by Morris Day and the Time.
- book: Portuguese Irregular Verbs by Alexander McCall-Smith
14. What superpower would you love to have?
Mind-control a la Karma from the X-men/New Mutants. limitless possibilities for hawt butt-seks.
15. If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be?
Montreal. or Copenhagen.
16. Elvis or the Beatles?
Neither. i prefer Alan Wilder-era Depeche Mode.
17. What scares you most?
I work in a hospital so I see too much and consequently am terrified of serious illness and catastrophic trauma.
18. Who's your favorite poet?
Rainer Maria-Rilke, Mary Oliver, W. H. Auden
19. If you could run away with a circus or traveling carnival, what act would you be?
i have absolutely no interest in joining a circus or carnival. well, i'd "do" some Cirque du Soleil acrobats but i don't think it necessary to join the circus to manage that.....hell, i think i did pretty well with the cast of Allegria @ Beau Rivage. ;)
20. Describe your perfect day.
no rush, no hurries, no worries: slowly getting everything done and done well and discovering that i've still a lazy afternoon left to be idle....sounds like heaven.