impressions, doings, and observations........a list:
- after work Saturday morning, i stopped at the P.O. for some postal lurv and i had lots of postal lurv. some stuff from Amazon.com (of course) and some thing that for a moment reduced me to being an 11 year old Japanese school-girl SQUEEEEEE!!!!-ing her head off.........WASHI tape!
- picked up the new Johnny Cash commemorative stamp:
- i've decided there is no graceful way to tell a co-worker that s/he is a waste of carbon and space. if only this poor soul would expend 1/10th the energy invested in looking busy in real work......productivity around here would be astronomical.
- 3 teaching posts have come open and i am more than a little tempted. sadly, even the prospects of torturing undergrads cannot justify the pay cut. *sigh* i am telling myself i don't need the daily struggle with the willfully ignorant and unprepared.
- it's a good thing i don't invest much in "signs and omens". on my way to work, i was driving on the interstate and a snake came flying over in front of my car.....i thought, "what the fuck!??!?" and, "oh shit, i'ma goin' back to the house!!" the snake was in the claws of a large red-tailed hawk that flew over just ahead of my car.. there ARE snakes that can glide. fortunately, they are restricted to Malaysia and thereabouts.